Gears 2: "Carmine is BACK!", 5 on 5 Multiplayer
Click here for the Euro Gamer Interview.
- Cliffy B. says, "Carmine is back!", "He's a hell of a fan favorite." How is he back? Maybe it's his twin. I'm betting that he is a clone, like a storm trooper. Sweeeet.
- Chainsaw duels are a button mash because Cliffy is, "tired of those little quick time events that are in every single game."
- You can crawl away when down, and hit "A" to crawl away faster.
- There are chainsaw duel draws if both players button mash evenly.
- In a big change to the chainsaw mechanic, when players are dueling they are not invincible.
- Chainsaw duels take as long as a standard chainsaw to complete.
- Blood will spread to cover when injured, with blood trails mentioned.
- 5 on 5 multiplayer game mode added
- More new maps than the amount that shipped in Gears 1
- "Many" new multiplayer modes added along with "Greater" online functionality.
- Players can drive a Centaur Tank, a monster truck/tank.
- Other vehicle sections are in Gears 2.
- Longer campaign than Gears 1.
- Gears 2 will have a party system.
- Official Marcus Fenix doo rags will be released? Haha
- If Gears 2 sells well, there will be a Gears of War 3.
Thanks to anon for the news.
And finally the true reason why the Locust and COG are beefy: Skinny players are hard to see. Proof that picking Carmine as your multiplayer character has an advantage!